Customer Liaison Manager
£38,000 - £40,000 DOE
As our Customer Liaison (complaints and compliments) Manager, you will develop and implement a framework for effective complaint management, investigation, root cause analysis and learning lessons from service issues.
Manage the development of, and be responsible for the implementation and delivery of complaints strategies and policies across the business.
Ensure that all customer complaints are thoroughly and fairly investigated within agreed service standards, you will make sure complaints are effectively managed, working with other teams to turn insight into action where necessary.
To have proven experience of delivering high quality complaints management and continuous improvement, along with experience of effectively managing a team and evidence of setting/achieving challenging team objectives.
To be committed to the highest levels of customer service and championing the customer throughout the organisation, and have the ability to analyse results and interpret them so that the appropriate actions can be taken.
- Ensure that all departmental communication is of the highest standard, with the correct choice of communication channel. Review and improve templates and ensure staff are fully trained and competent to perform their duties.
- Ensure the team are 'asking the right questions, in the right way, to get the right answer' in a professional manner to resolve complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that customer service guidelines are embedded throughout the organisation in conjunction with departmental managers and with clients/customers.
- Through continuous improvement and customer feedback, identify potential company training requirements and make recommendations to improve customer service and assist in the reduction of repeat failures.
- Act as a point of escalation for complaint handling decisions outside of the standard process.
- Ensure that departmental complaint activity is undertaken within client, internal and regulatory timescales.
- Carry out root cause analysis of complaints and customer feedback and make recommendations for process improvement across the organisation.
- Generate departmental reports and analyse KPIs for performance improvement.
- Always promote data security in and outside of the business, with strict adherence to DPA, GDPR and information security standards. Manage responses to Subject Access Requests (SAR) in line with regulatory requirements.
- Develop, improve and maintain open and productive relationships with internal/external customers.
- Undertake regular meetings with stakeholders which focuses and supports with the day-day pressures of the department.
- Manage, develop, and motivate the customer liaison team to ensure performance, conduct, training and HR requirements are managed accordingly.
- Operate as part of the management team, working to improve service provision, departmental infrastructure, resources, systems, standards, and processes across the organisation.
- The completion of duties as required from time to time by the Senior Management Team and Directors.
- Experience of working within complaints in an insurance/regulated services industry.
- Experience of the planning and delivery of Key Performance Indicators.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload and work to agreed deadlines, targets, and objectives within a challenging results-orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, and particularly written, and good analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office systems including MS Excel and Word.
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers, clients, regulators and third parties.
Salary: (F/T) £38,000 - £40,000 DOE
Hours: Average 39.5 per week, Monday to Friday, plus one in four Saturdays (8:30 - 12:30).
Team size: Circa 10 - 15 handlers.
Travel: Occasional travel will be required to attend client meetings and to our office in the Hull.
Equipment: Company will provide laptop and mobile phone.
Holidays: 23 days, plus statutory bank holidays, rising to 25 on completion of a full 3 years service. Plus additional birthday holiday day.
Benefits: Employee benefits Scheme, including counselling service and 24/7 GP service. Free food days. Free parking. Close to shops and amenities.